Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ticket Rant, Part II

Over on the Daughtry site, where I posted my original rant, several people have come back putting all the blame on TicketBastard, and bashing them. While I agree most of the blame falls on TicketMaster and their practices, the band (any band who uses TicketMaster, not just Daughtry) cannot be held totally blameless. They are fully aware of the policies and procedures this seller have in place, yet continue to patronize them. I am NOT saying that Chris and the guys are directly to blame, but rather that the Daughtry Machine, which includes all the marketing and promotions people, is. Who is ultimately in charge of what happens to and with this band? Think about it; that's all I'm saying.

People on other sites have been saying "they have no choice; TicketMaster is really the only game in town." There's always a choice.

They have the option of selling tickets however they want. They could choose to sell them through the website like they do their music, for example. They could choose to arrange to sell them at the box office. They (the music industry) can choose to put their heads together and come up with an entirely different system. Across the entire music industry, there are some extremely brilliant technical people -- surely they can come together and make this better?

That "they" continue to let TM do this to their fans, and yes, I said "let", is reprehensible. In the current time, at least here in the US, people are watching what they spend more than ever. That the fans made the decision to spend the money to see a band's show shows the depth of their loyalty and love of the music.

Don't take advantage of that.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Big Apple Jen July 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I hate to be the bearer of unfortunate news, but in many cases the choice they would have to make is to not play that venue at all. And there are certain venues you have to play. Period.

The venue often has the contract with TM - therefore, if you play at that venue, that's what you use.

Now, for these smaller gigs they are doing, I would think they have more control than, say, at Madison Square Garden.

But, I'm not sure what the relationship is between the vendors for Gillette and the venue where Daughtry is playing (is it in Patriot Place?)

I know that even when I used to rent Carnegie for my Concerts 4 a Cure series, I had to use TM. No choice. It sucked. Of course, there wasn't need for crazy scalping etc. LOL ... but still, TM is not cheap.

Cindy aka Miss Moose July 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

I remember reading not too long ago that a lot of the tickets on those scalping sites are unfortunately owned by the bands and that they are scalping their own tickets. It's a shame with our economy being as bad as it is, the entertainers choose to rob the fans. I just hope when Jovi goes on tour again their tix are not 300 to 600 bucks.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP