Monday, June 29, 2009

Poor Jonny

The 45,000 fans who watched Bruce Springsteen play out of his skin at Hyde Park last night may have thought they had the night of their lives.

But the show could have gone on even longer had it not been for the health and safety kill joys.

Waiting in the wings at Hard Rock Calling was none other than Jon Bon Jovi, who was due to join The Boss and his E Street Band for a special encore.

But their duet had to be scrapped after Bruce ran over the 10.15pm curfew.

The pair are both from New Jersey and have sang together before. This time they had planned to perform Hungry Heart.

But our source said: “The show had run for three hours, and sadly had just nudged over the curfew limit when the organisers have to shut the sound off.

Jon was waiting at the side of the stage, ready to go, but when the plug was pulled it was just too late.

“It would have been an incredible ending to the show, and it's a huge shame it couldn't happen.

Bruce and Jon were gutted. It's probably just as well the crowd didn't know he was waiting on the side of the stage, as they would have been gutted as well.”

The London crowd were a little too polite for the first half an hour, prompting Bruce to ask: “Are you there London? Is anyone there?”

But he was soon left in no doubt that the crowd was behind him.

The boss wasn't too worried about the time at Glastonbury the night before, where he persevered and played through the curfew there — earning a £9,000 fine in the process.

We're a little surprised that Bruce didn't “stick it to the man” this time for the sake of his pal Jon. But, at 60, he's probably tired of being a rebel.

~ Hath

source

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 29, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

The Boss rocked Glasto on Saturday, I watched it on TV dumbfounded at the energy the guy has...crowdsurfing at his age! I missed out on tickets for Hyde Park, sooo gutted!

Jon's here? Hell, I need to get me on a tube and on a Jonny finding mission, are the guys with him?

~
Fred

Lee-Ann June 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

I just got that in my inbox a couple of hours ago. I'd wet myself over another Bruce and Jon performance. ;)

Anyway, I guess they are mixing that album!

Catte Sambora June 29, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Richie was there too...saw a pop on my Google alerts this morning that he was hanging out in the wings with Mick Jones (The Clash). Damn, I would love to see Bruce & Jonny do "Hungry Heart" together...my second fave Springsteen song after "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out."

OK, enough playing around with The Boss. Get to work, Boys! We want new music! :)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP