Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My New Love



Her name is Darlin', and she's a 2009 Ford Edge SLE. She's classified as a "crossover vehicle" which means (to me, at least) that she's got lots of room like an SUV, but drives like a car. She's cinnamon colored (shown in the pic), with cloth interior (hate sticking to leather in the summer -- SHUT UP, TARA!) a sunroof and Sirius satellite radio, and is my new favorite toy.

I got her Saturday at my friendly neighborhood Ford dealership. They let me have her for $2000 on my Visa card with a promise to return with a bank check for the remainder of the down payment. I can't believe there are still trusting souls in this world -- it gives me hope.

I had to sign my name approximately 32 times, which is only 17 fewer than I had to sign when I bought my house :)

She's equipped with Microsoft Sync, which basically means my Blackberry and iPod are voice-activated!!! (T, when I was talking to you yesterday afternoon, it was through the radio in my car.)

One of my all-time favorite commercials is for a Ford Focus, where they are playing with the Sync technology ("Play artist Korn" lol):




Needless to say, my car already knows how to respond to "Play artist Bon Jovi" :)

There is no Michael Bolton on my iPod, so I don't have to worry about being made fun of by a linebacker. There is, however, Spongebob Squarepants. The Hathlet thinks it's cool, too, and had the keyless-entry code memorized in about 3 seconds.

~ Hath

6 comments:

Unknown June 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

Joviswoman June 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

LOVE the car and the colour! But I'm loving the Micro Sync!

I want one and it NOW lmao.

Just showed Rob and he's walked away muttering something about grand ideas lmao.

Mystery Train June 16, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

love it, love it!! WANT one!! Happy and safe driving Hath!!

Judith June 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

It looks like a lovely Darlin, I really like the colour!
But what do you mean about you don´t want to stick to leather in the summer? LOL Avoiding Richie for months??? There´s nothing wrong with sweat and leather Hath :D
Drive safe with your new baby!

Big Apple Jen June 16, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

She is be-yooooo-tiful! Congrats ... hmm ... sounds like we might need a road trip ... LET'S GO PATS!

Catte Sambora June 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Gorgeous! And what a perfect name! Is that what Mr. Hath calls her, too? :) I'm with ya on the leather seats thing...notice I said SEATS. Other leather thingies are just fine by me....

Congrats! A fitting chariot for a true Goddess!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP