Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beauty and The Beast


If you can tear your eyes away from the gorgeous picture, there's an article from November 3rd's Mirror that goes along with it :)

'Not even Frank Sinatra did that': Thrilled Jon Bon Jovi on riding with Barack Obama in his plane and Cadillac

Talking with an infectious and childlike excitement, Jon Bon Jovi’s eyes light up as he tells me about a car ride.

You wouldn't expect much to impress one of the world’s greatest rockers who has sold more than 125 million albums. Certainly not hitching a lift.

But this was no ordinary motor. It was the Beast, Barack Obama’s armour-plated Cadillac.

Jon chalked up a unique double this year. Firstly, the out and proud Democrat was a guest on Air Force One, the President’s jumbo.

Protocol went out of the window when the White House gave the rock star a ticket to fly with the Commander in Chief from Washington to New York for a campaign fundraiser.

Thrilled Jon was savouring that honour when it was topped by an unheard of invitation to travel in Mr Obama’s bombproof limo in the White House motorcade back to the airport.

“I go to the Waldorf [Hotel] and sing and I go to the van with the staffers and the girl comes running up and says, ‘They want you in the Beast’,” recalls Jon, reliving the joy of his journey.




“So I say ‘cool’ and I’m in the Beast with President Clinton and President Obama. Air Force One is cool but the Beast is cooler. Sinatra’s not done that.

“I wanted so badly to get my phone and take a picture. I wanted to press my face against the window as we went through Times Square so everyone could see me.”
There's more to the article, and more pictures, on the Mirror's site.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP