Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tee time with Tico Torres


Fast approaching thirty years as ‘The Hit Man’ for one of the world’s greatest rock bands, drummer Tico Torres continues to travel the globe as a major player with the multi-award winning Bon Jovi. Notching up almost three decades of hits, with record sales currently at a staggering 100 million plus and continuing to rise, not to mention having performed to over 34 million fans...it’s just all in a days work for the New York born musician!

So, what does this internationally renowned rock star do when not in the recording studio or touring the world?

Tico Torres doesn’t miss a beat. He’s an accomplished artist and sculptor, with an infant clothing range Rock Star Baby and founder of his own charity the Tico Torres Children Foundation. But there’s still time for a thrice-a-week golf habit – essential rock ‘n’ roll relaxation.

Tico, what’s your first golfing memory?
The first time I ever played golf was with Willie Nelson [American country music singer/songwriter] at Pedernales Golf Club, Texas on his 9- hole course. It’s also known as the Willie Nelson Cut–N-Putt and as the great man says, it’s located just “8 songs away from Austin”. I played with a 7 iron and putter and remember it well.

Who taught you to play golf?
Willie actually taught me to play. It all started back in 1989, I was at his house and he asked if I’d ever played golf, I hadn’t so he took me out there and said, “Just look at the ball and hit it!” So I did. After all, the man is an “icon”.

Favourite professional golfer past or present?
Gary Player – The Black Knight. He’s always played with such determination and has real integrity.
You can read the whole interview here.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP