Thursday, August 02, 2012

Aftermath of the Lowdown

From MyCentralJersey (June 26):

“Aftermath of the Lowdown” is the name of the Woodbridge-raised rocker's upcoming solo album, due Sept. 4 from the indie label Dangerbird Records, according to a report on the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles website.

A spokesman for Dangerbird declined to comment and Sambora's publicist did not return a call and email requesting information about the album.

Yet, Sambora's Twitter account has been active with references to the new album.
“Finishing the last installment of the aftermath. God bless u all for being a pert of it,'“ Sambora tweeted earlier this month.

The record will present Sambora, guitarist for Bon Jovi, in a new light, said Sambora to Rolling Stone magazine in May.

“I think people look at Richie Sambora and they put me in the Bon Jovi box, but that's not what this record is,” Sambora said. “I think they don't see me as a singer, and I was the lead singer in every band I was in before Bon Jovi. I hope I get to change people's minds on this record. That's what I'm gonna try to do.”

The record will be Sambora's first solo release in 14 years. Sambora also said he is also writing songs with Jon Bon Jovi for a Bon Jovi record, due in 2013.
Since this was published, I think I saw on Twitter that the release date is actually closer to September 18th.

On June 23, Richie had a listening party for Aftermath in Palm Springs.



There are some videos up from the performance


I have to say, Taking a Chance is one of my favorites (yes, I heard the record when it was "leaked", no, I'm not going to post links, and yes, I will support the artist and purchase the record when it is officially released).


For anyone else who found the links on YouTube and elsewhere, what song is your favorite?

~ Hath

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM  

I really like Learning How to Fly (Broken Wing) and Nowadays.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP