Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thanks for your patience...

Whoricane Irene (thanks to whomever coined that, I LOVE it) blew us in a bad way.  Mr. Hath and I trekked to the Hamptons this weekend to pick up Hathlet from his week-long stay with his grandparents.  We were promptly stranded when the winds came in (which was totally expected) and spent 7 hours on the road yesterday coming back (no ferries).  We learned that we lost power on Saturday morning, so when we got home, we had to empty the spoiled food from the fridge/freezer in the kitchen.

We don't have power back yet, so I've run away to my mother's house in the next town so I can get some work done and hopefully catch up a little on emails and blogging ;)

About 85% of our town (including the grocery store, our bank, and all the gas stations lol) is without power due to large trees that had pulled down wires all over town.  It's a big mess.  BUT, nobody got hurt, and all the critical power (hospitals, schools, fire/police, old folks' home, etc.) is restored.  Us?  Not so much. We're better off than some -- we had no damage to the trees that ring our property and we have hot water and can cook with gas.  Our big chest freezer in the basement stayed frozen (and is staying that way thanks to our football gennie) so at least we've got food and are not completely stone-aged.  Surrounding towns fared better, so we can get perishables one day at a time, and gas/money as well -- it's not bad at all, just a pain in the butt.  I'm just glad we don't have little kids -- the 10-year old can cope.  Mostly by staying with my mother until we get power back.

SO, I appreciate your patience while I get caught up on my emails, blog articles, and Believe posting -- it's coming over the course of the next couple days, slowly but surely.

Thanks,
Hath

6 comments:

Rike August 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

it's good to hear, you and your family are ok and healthy. thats the most important thing, you can buy new things, you can even build a new house, but you can't get a live back

Anonymous,  August 30, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

what a relief, that you and your family are ok. i didn´t know you live in the danger zone.
best wishes from germany
conny

Emerald Isle August 30, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Good to hear you're all ok Hath! Hopefully life will go back to normal soon! Some of the flooding is awful - I can't imagine how it would feel to see water pouring out of the windows of your home!

xxxx

Anonymous,  August 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Good to hear you're ok. Its been a worrying time watching the news and wondering how all my American friends are, so I can only imagine what it has been like actually living through it. Here's hoping they get your electric back asap

Jen,  August 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

Glad to hear everyone in your family is safe! I can't even imagine what the past few days must have been like for you guys.

Becky August 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM  

Good to hear you're okay, Hath. I don't know exactly where in Boston you are, but my great-aunt lives there and we haven't heard from her yet. You're right, it could be so much worse and it's good you're grateful for your blessings, but of COURSE it's a pain in the ass to suddenly have to go out of your way to do the normally simplest things. Hang in there and do what you need to do! x


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP