Friday, June 03, 2011

Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock & Heavy Metal

One of rock's great storytellers, Trunk finally has a book where he can share some of his yarns. The lifelong Jersey resident and longtime DJ will be signing copies of his new collection, "Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal," Wednesday at Bookends in Ridgewood.

Trunk said he always envisioned writing an autobiography, a juice-dripping-from-the-pages account of his life in music. But Trunk still has his feet planted deep in this industry (he is the host of "That Metal Show" on VH1 Classic and hosts a national radio show on XM). He did not want to alienate friends or future interview subjects.

So he wrote about how Metallica indirectly helped him land a job with a record label. And he wrote about an encounter with Jon Bon Jovi.
(source)

The ever-lovely (and willing to share) Catte Sambora sent along the Bon Jovi section of the book.




You can read more about Eddie Trunk here and can purchase the book through Amazon.

~ Hath

4 comments:

Joelle,  June 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

I can't get the links to the pages to work. I'll check back later. Can't wait to read!

The Goddess Hathor June 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

@Joelle, I fixed the links -- sorry about that!!

~ Hath

Bayaderra June 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

Well, thats just peachy!!!
Its 5 minutes from where I work. Unfortunatelly, I'm scheduled to work an effing 12 hr shift on Wednesday! :(
If only I had a normal job and could run over on my lunch hour.... But alas, I only get 30 minutes...on paper that is! In reality, I'll be lucky if I get a chance to pee....
Just venting....

Mrs Captain Kidd June 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

that's awesome! you ladies never cease to amaze me, txs so much for sharing. I was thrilled to find that his number 1 song in the playlist is Roulette which is also one of my personal favourites


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP