Tuesday, April 27, 2010

DKMS' 4th Annual Gala

DKMS, the world's largest bone marrow donor center, will further its fight against leukemia with the organization's 4th Annual DKMS Gala on Thursday, April 29th at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City.

Oscar winning actress and Coty partner, Halle Berry and Coty CEO and the Gala's Honorary Chair, Bernd Beetz will present Island Def Jam Chairman, Antonio 'LA' Reid with the "DKMS Linked Against Leukemia Award," in recognition of his tireless work in fighting cancer and supporting organizations and charities which do the same. Reid will follow in the footsteps of past DKMS honorees', Joe Uva, CEO of Univision Communications Inc., Cindy Crawford, who lost her brother to leukemia, and Manny Chirico, CEO of Phillips-Van Heusen, a lymphoma survivor himself.

The gala features a special performance by Jon Bon Jovi

~ Hath

source

2 comments:

SamboraRocks April 27, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

thx for posting!
I already heard that there would be a charity like this but didn't know that it's organized by the DKMS.
I'm kind of surprised by that cause I didn't know that the DMKS is also operating in thge US.
I'm a registered donor over 15 years now and I hope that this charity raises lots of money for covering the costs for loads of new regitrations.
In my opinion too many don't know about the DMKS.
Please check our their website http://www.dkmsamericas.org/home to learn more about them.
Everyone should check if he or she is eligible as a donor and register as soon as possible cause there are still thousands of leukemia patients in this world who cannot find their donor match.

~Andrea

Big Apple Jen April 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Obviously something very close to my heart. Wish I could stop by and say "hola" but will be at Melissa Etheridge's private show (new record out today) ... so I guess she's going to the event AFTER her concert. Better not be too short LOL ... only 200 people at the ME show. :-)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP