Thursday, November 19, 2009

JonBon Wouldn't Survive on Idol

In more than a quarter of a century of rocking, Jon Bon Jovi has seen all of the music industry's well-publicized changes. So what does he see to be among the biggest differences? "It's very hard. Radio is fragmented," he tells Spinner. "There was Top 40 radio and DJs could be influential and you could make a career out of Philadelphia or Cleveland and you built to Chicago and all points west and north. That doesn't necessarily exist."

So are today's artists at a disadvantage? "You got a poor kid that wins 'American Idol' and then he's expected to be on the same level or playing field as the Rolling Stones or U2 or Bon Jovi the next day. That's not fair," Bon Jovi says. "We were allowed to have the third album be the one that was the breakthrough record. I don't know if a kid these days is ever gonna break 100 million in album sales. I don't think that's ever gonna happen again."

So how does an artist make it today? Is it better to ride around in a van from town to town or do 'Idol?' "Well, both of them are good launch pads. Getting in the van, deciding who and what you are -- there's nothing wrong with that," he says. But for those who win 'Idol,' it's still ultimately about the music. "Of you're brave enough to go on and win one of those 'Idol' contests, ultimately you better have the songs to back it up," he says. "Chris Daughtry has delivered songs on two albums in a row. But I'm sure there are 10 Idols I can think of that didn't do that or had a flash in the pan."

Still, he has a lot of respect for those that go through the 'Idol' process. "It's a very difficult spotlight to be in and a microscope to be under," he says. "I couldn't have survived it to be honest with you."

~ Hath

source

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP