Friday, February 27, 2009

This Made Me Laugh


I am (or was, I guess, it ended in 2006) a big fan of the show "Still Standing". It was about Bill and Judy Miller, a toilet salesman and a dental assistant, and their family. Bill and Judy were high school lovers who turned in their wild lifestyle to get married years ago. Now, as they creep toward middle age, they have to deal with more "everyday" things, such as their three kids: their intelligent and (to Bill's horror) still sexually-unsure son Brian; their typical drama queen daughter Lauren; and their smug, sarcastic six year old, Tina.

With Judy's desperate man-hunting sister Linda, Bill's interfering mother Louise, a lesbian couple living next door and other crazy characters around, it's no wonder that Bill and Judy constantly get into strange (and oft-hilarious) misadventures as they try to prove that they're not too old to have fun. Along the way, they always end up showing that they "still" love each other, no matter what.

In one episode, Linda is finally getting married to the lead singer of a Foghat cover band (which I can't type without laughing). The minister who the groom has selected to perform the ceremony is his 'best mate', the honorable Reverend Roach. Yeah, you heard me. Now, guess who played the good Reverend? Yep, our Richie; May 23, 2005, in an episode called "Still Getting Married".



~ Hath

2 comments:

Anonymous,  February 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

I have never seen this! Tooooo funny! Thanks for finding this and sharing it.:)

Definitely a bummer. Coulda had a naked Richie. Stupid uptight people. *pout*
-Stas

JBJBounce March 1, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

Somewhere I have it on VHS, I LMAO watching it. OMG, Richie was a stitch!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP